Monday, December 17, 2007

Stupid xyz.

Today is my first official day of unemployment. I did not go into work today. I did not check my work email and voice mail. I slept until 8am then spent the following two hours tooling around on facebook. Stupid facebook.

My plan was to write all about my last day at work much sooner but the weekend took over. Friday night I invited some people to join me at Hamilton's (on my list) at the last minute. Much beer was consumed by these friends. I had two beers and I was TRASHED. Lit. Gone. I have no idea how it happened. There was a nice mix of people there and some of them had nothing to do with the theatre. I went home and fell asleep in my bed as it spun around the room at an alarming speed. I'm just lucky it didn't knock any of my stuff over. Stupid bed.

Saturday was a lazy day. I tried to grab breakfast at the Big Kitchen and couldn't eat more than a two bites. I drank water instead. No worries, if nothing else, there will be more Big Kitchen prior to my departure. Later, I had the greasy hangover breakfast I needed when I picked Mongo up off the side of the road in Hillcrest and we went to the 19th hole for chicken fried steak and eggs. The day continued with rest, more rest, and Children of the Revolution with Erin. It ended with me desperately needing to sleep as Erin, Nikki and Kristin went to the Whistle Stop for drinking and dancing. Stupid hangover.

A few things need to be said here: Children of the Revolution is a good movie and should be seen. I can't believe I can't stay up past 10 pm anymore. I refuse to pay a cover to go into the Whistle Stop. It's a bar! Why am I paying money for the privilege of standing around and drinking beer? I can do that for free at a million other locations. Stupid cover charge at beer bar.

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday: Coronado & The Del. Erin and I spent a lovely afternoon walking on the beach, strolling through the over-priced shops at The Del, and eating sorbet at Moo Time. This is where we discussed whether sorbet had to be made with fruit or if it could be made with other flavor extracts such as peppermint and still be classified as sorbet. At one point, while on the beach, a cute old man walked by and asked if we were sisters. I said, "No sir, we're not." Erin mentioned he may have been thrown off by all the curly hair but I think he knows sisters don't hold hands while looking out at the ocean. Stupid cute old man.

The evening was spent with Rhianna at Wine Steals where there was decent Pinot Noir and good conversation. They've expanded since the last time I was there. It was pretty hoppin' for a Sunday night and there were plenty of new seating areas. I love this place because not only can you have a glass of wine but you can have half a glass for half the price or buy a bottle and forget about it. Mounds of bread, meat, cheese and fruit are also available although Rhianna and I did not partake of the food, only the juice. Stupid cheese.

No comments: