Tuesday, December 11, 2007

4 days

It's Tuesday and I have 4 days left before my job is no longer mine. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm thrilled about the journey to come but now begins the very long goodbye. Every time I go somewhere or do something it's "the last time".

This weekend I went to my last Baldwin New Play Festival Workshop. I LOVE the Baldwin New Play Festival and I know I won't be able to attend this year. This makes me sad in ways I cannot express. If I could take The festival with me in a locket I would. It is a rare thing to find this many talented people in one place working toward the same goal. I was lucky enough to participate in this as a student, witness it as a patron, then participate again as a member of the department's staff. It is just as magical with each new prospective.

I can't allow myself to think too much about the events I'll miss: The Baldwin New Play Festival, The Globe Shakespeare Festival , La Jolla Music Society's SummerFest, ZANADU at The Playhouse! Summer in Ocean Beach, the next Golden Hill Walkabout, crazy people on the street during ComiCon. My friend's birthdays, celebrations, daily struggles. Text messages, last minute beers and late night phone calls. Breakfast with bacon, champagne with bacon, Rebecca's coffee shop. Movie nights, opening nights, nights when more tissues are consumed than should ever be necessary. games of pool, bad Mexican food, movies in theatres. Meeting strangers. Road trips. Milo's first years.

It shall all be missed.

And now, to soak it all up before I leave.

I still need more So Cal suggestions if you got em! I'm speaking to both of you.

1 comment:

Tim J. Lord said...

have you learned to surf yet? If not, you should at least go skinny dipping at Black's Beach. And I don't want to hear any objections about "it's too cold."